MULTI-PURPOSE APPLICATION OF INTERACTIVE GRAPHIC SYSTEM
For the control of production at a number of Italian Shipyards, Cantieri Navali Riuniti (C.N.R.) make use of a UNIVAC 1106 multi-processor computer at their Genoa head office linked with video- and tele-type terminals in the yards. This system is supported by: (a) an off-line KV 1645 draughting machine, with magnetic tape control unit, paper-tape reader and puncher at the Genoa office, (b) a KV 1216 draughting machine with paper-tape control unit at the Ancona shipyard, (c) a similar installation at the Muggiano shipyard, and (d) an Interactive Graphics System with KV 1216 draughting machine and three numerically-controlled flame cutting machines at Riva Trigoso. The paper describes the utilisation of the system for shipbuilding and engineering applications, e.g. nesting, part generation, coordination plans, arrangement studies, input check for structural analysis and naval architecture calculations. Order from BSRA as No. 49,021.
- Presented at Fourth Kongsberg Vapenfabrik Shipbuilding Symposium, Newcastle Upon Tyne, May 8-11, 1978.
Kongsberg Vapenfabrik Shipbuilding Symp (4th)Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Armani, G
- Farinetti, V
- Olivieri, L
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer graphics; Computers; Drafting; Flame cutting; Machines; Numerical control; Plates (Engineering); Production control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Drafting machines; Flame cutting machines; Numerical control systems; Plate nesting
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00182510
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 14 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM