CAD AND CAP IN SHIPBUILDING
The paper presents a summary of the developments in Computer-Aided Design and Commuter-Aided Production which have been achieved by Constructions Navales et Industrielles de la Mediterranee (C.N.I.M.) over the past decade. Brief details are given of the S.I.C.E.N. system for defining the steel hull structure. The aims of a study of the application of CAD and CAP to outfitting at present being carried out by the Institut de Recherche de la Construction Navale (I.R.C.N.) are outlined and the paper concludes with a general consideration of the benefits in both time and money to be expected from application of the two systems to industrial production. Order from BSRA as No. 49,029.
- Presented at Fourth Kongsberg Vapenfabrik Shipbuilding Symposium, Newcastle upon Tyne, May 8-11, 1978.
Kongsberg Vapenfabrik Shipbuilding Symp (4th)Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Hulls; Ship outfitting; Shipbuilding
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull definition; Outfitting
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182507
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 7 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM