PREPARATION AND PAINTING OF SHIP'S HULLS: A SURVEY OF FIVE INVESTIGATIONS
This Report gives a survey of the background, the aim and the more essential results of five investigations within the present research project. The investigations are presented under five separate headings, as follows: 1. The significance of the type of shop primer to the corrosion protection of ships' bottoms--experience from sea-going vessels. 2. Painting as corrosion protection in ballast and cargo/ballast tanks, a report on an immersion test in a pilot plant. 3. Chemical resistant tank linings. 4. Repair of damage to paint coating systems which appeared during the building and fitting out of ships. 5. Health hazards, fire and explosive risks, a compilation of the literature and other experiences during 1976. Order from: BSRA as No. 49,073.
Swedish Corrosion InstituteGothenberg, Sweden
- Leide, N G
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast tanks; Coatings; Corrosion protection; Fires; Hazards; Health hazards; Hulls; Painting; Primers (Materials); Protective coatings; Reports; Surface preparation; Surveys; Tanks (Containers)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fire hazards
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull painting; Survey reports; Tank coatings
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182496
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report 1977:7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM