SURVEY OF VIBRATION PROBLEMS
In this paper the Author has made a survey of the most common vibration problems occurring in modern ships, irrespective of size or type of vessel and its propulsion system. Both structural and machinery vibration is considered. Vibration excitation sources are identified and the appropriate preventive measures are discussed under the following headings: (1) Propeller; (2) Shafting; (3) Main engine/turbine; (4) Auxiliaries (engines, pumps, etc.); (5) Fluid flow; and (6) Sea-wave excitation. Order from: BSRA as No. 49,078.
- Presented at the Seminar on Ship Vibration, June 8-9, 1977.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Solumsmoen, O H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Machinery; Propellers; Reports; Shafts (Machinery); Ships; Structural analysis; Surveys; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine vibration; Machinery vibration; Propeller induced vibration; Shaft vibration; Structural vibration; Survey reports
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182494
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 1 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM