EVALUATION OF SHIPBOARD VIBRATION
Habitability is of major importance for the crew aboard ship. Its study involves all the disciplines covered by the term Human Engineering. Philosophy of Vibration Evaluation is discussed in some detail. The importance of having a clear understanding of the parameters involved in the interpretation of guidelines is strongly emphasised. A survey of procedures for assessment of various aspects of shipboard vibration is given in an attempt to categorise the major areas of vibration and provide a guide for measurement. The paper concludes with an appraisal of the parameters contributing to both physiological and psychological susceptibility to vibration. Order from: BSRA as No. 49,079.
- Presented at the Seminar on Ship Vibration, June 8-9, 1977.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Peterson, JWE
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Crew comfort; Human factors engineering; Measurement; Ships; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Vibration measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182492
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM