Vibration investigation on ships may be carried out either at the design stage by calculation or on the built-up structure by measurements. This paper discusses the investigation of vibration by means of full scale measurements of the superstructure/afterbody during construction, outfitting trial trip and in service, with reference to some practical examples. A comparison is made between different methods of mechanical excitation and propeller-excited vibration. Order from: BSRA as No. 49,080.
- Presented at the Seminar on Ship Vibration, June 8-9, 1977.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Johannessen, H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Measurement; Propellers; Ships; Structural analysis; Superstructures; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller induced vibration; Structural vibration; Vibration measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1978 12:00AM