STEEL PRODUCTS MANUAL
Some of the important steps in the manufacture of wrought steel wheels are outlined, covering standard designs and standard specifications of the Association of American Railroads, the American Society for Testing Materials, and the American Transit Association. Information is presented on selection of wheels for railroad service, design data, computation of stresses in wheel treads and wheel tread failures.
- Instruction Manual
American Iron and Steel Institute150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1955-2
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Fabrication; Failure; Specifications; Stresses; Technology; Vehicle design; Wheel rims; Wheels
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Shop fabrication; Wheel design; Wheel failure
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00040201
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM