AUTOMATED RESIZING OPTIMIZATION OF GENERALLY LOADED PLANAR FRAMES VIA LINEAR PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUES
An automated, simple to use, efficient linear optimization method for planar generally loaded frames is presented. In the technique, formal analyses of the structure are avoided; instead, an equality and inequality constrained linear system of equations describes the structure. The optimal design is determined by solving a sequence of linear programming problems. The solution scheme employs new pivoting techniques to bypass Phase I of the simplex method. Two exmaples are presented and results are compared with previous research and a standard nonlinear method. These demonstrate the speed, effectiveness, and validity of this approach.
Clarkson College of Technology,
- Calafell II, D O
- Willmert, K D
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Computer programs; Frames; Linear programming; Loads; Optimization; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Structural analysis); Shear loads
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00182465
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of Naval Research
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIE-027 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0064
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM