PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINES IN THE UNITED STATES. FIRST SERIES - REPORT NO. 14. 1975 MAZDA ROTARY 70 CID (1.1 LITERS), 4V
Experimental data were obtained in dynamometer tests of a 1975 Mazda 70 CID, 4V rotary engine to determine fuel consumption and emissions (hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen) at steady-state engine-operating modes. The objective of the program is to obtain engine performance data for estimating emissions and fuel economy for varied engine service and duty. The intent of the work is to provide basic engine characteristic data required as input for engineering calculations involving ground transportation.
- See also First Series-Report no. 13 dated Apr 78, PB-281778.
Department of EnergyBartlesville Energy Research Center
Bartlesville, OK United States 74003
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- MARSHALL, W F
- Stamper, K R
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Carbon monoxide; Dynamometers; Engineering; Exhaust gases; Extrapolation; Fuel consumption; Hydrocarbons; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Performance evaluations; Performance tests; Pollutants; Specifications; Standards; Vehicle power plants; Wankel engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Engineering standards
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182116
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BERC/OP-76/32 Intrm Rpt., DOT-TSC-NHTSA-78-8
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1979 12:00AM