MAINE FACILITY RESEARCH SUMMARY: DYNAMIC SIGN SYSTEMS FOR NARROW BRIDGES
An overview of the Maine Facility - a two lane rural highway test site - is presented and an experiment conducted at the facility between August and December 1976 is summarized. The experiment was designed to test and evaluate the application of dynamic (activated) sign systems in alerting motorists to the presence of narrow bridges on two-lane rural highways.
- Report on Rural Road Experimentation for Traffic Safety and Capacity. See also report dated May 77, PB-271729.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Koziol Jr, J S
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Divided highways; Evaluation; Highway bridges; Highway traffic control; Narrow bridges; Rural areas; Rural highways; Symbols; Tests; Traffic safety; Two lane highways; Warning signs; Warning systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00182104
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-FHWA-78-4 Final Rpt7, HS-024 061, FHWA/RD-78/33
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1979 12:00AM