ASSESSMENT OF THE PASSENGER SHUTTLE SYSTEM (PSS) AT TAMPA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The report is the second in a series of six to assess the systems at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Fairlane Town Center, Houston Intercontinental Airport, Tampa International Airport, Walt Disney World, and King's Dominion Amusement Park. In assessing systems at these sites, the overall objectives are to obtain engineering and operational data; obtain descriptive economic, system performance, and user perception data; and review the design, development, and implementation process. The purpose of the site reports is to provide a uniformly documented presentation of AGT installations for UMTA's AGT program, and to establish the state of the art of AGT systems for ultimate use in planning, evaluating, producing, and deploying future systems. This report contains the findings of an assessment of the Tampa International Passenger Shuttle System (PSS), an elevated, automated AGT system that provides passenger transit service between a landside terminal and remotely located airside terminals at the airport. The PSS at Tampa has been in successful operation carrying passengers between airside and landside buildings since 1971.
- See also related reports, PB-281820, PB-261339, and PB-278521.
SRI International333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025-3493
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yen, A M
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Automated guideway transit; Economic analysis; Economic efficiency; Evaluation; Guideways; Intermodal terminals; Level of service; Passenger service; Passenger transportation; People movers; Performance evaluations; Shuttle service; State of the art; Systems analysis; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: George Bush Intercontinental Airport; Seattle-Tacoma International Airport; Tampa International Airport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Services
- Geographic Terms: Florida; Tampa (Florida)
- Old TRIS Terms: Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00182093
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0135-77-4Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70034
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1979 12:00AM