TRACK GEOMETRY MEASUREMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE MANUAL
The Track Geometry Measurement System (TGMS) was developed through the United States Department of Transportation's, Urban Mass Transportation Administration by the Transportation Systems Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts under its Test and Evaluation studies to aid transportation planners and maintenance personnel to better assess the quality of track for rapid rail, light rail, and commuter rail systems. The purpose of this document is to describe the TGMS real-time software and provide operating instructions for its use. The TGMS real-time software collects and stores raw data from the TGMS sensors, processes the raw data to compute track geometry parameters, and records and displays the processed data. All of these functions are performed in real time as the raw data is being collected. The current version of the TGMS real-time software is designated TGM6C.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Brownell, D
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Computer programs; Data collection; Flow charts; Information processing; Manuals; Measurement; Measuring methods; Quality control; Railroad tracks; Sensors
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow charting; Mechanical measurement; Track geometry measurement
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182076
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-78-26 Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0025-78-6
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1982 12:00AM