MASSTRAM: SOURCE LISTING
The final report (UMTA-MA-06-0073-78-1) of this project is intended as a management oriented guide to the rail vehicle maintenance scheduling problem and to the new model (MASSTRAM) developed for evaluating such schedules. It outlines a three phase project for the development of a conversational computer system for the cost-effective maintenance of heavy equipment in urban mass transit systems. Phases I and II consisted of operations analysis of maintenance activities at selected properties, namely, on maintenance procedures at the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA). Phase III consisted of the development of a model called MASSTRAM (Maintenance Analysis and Scheduling System for Transit Management).
- See also PB-285448. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E06, PB-285 448-SET. RRIS 17 182071; Bulletin 7901.
Boston UniversitySchool of Management
Boston, MA United States 02215
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Herniter, J D
- Rosenthal, S R
- Welam, U P
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Cost effectiveness; Information storage and retrieval systems; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Management information systems; Passenger cars; Planning; Preventive maintenance; Public transit; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Scheduling; Urban transportation; Vehicle maintenance
- Identifier Terms: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car maintenance; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182074
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0073-78-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-MA-06-0073, DOT-MA-11-0073
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1982 12:00AM