INNOVATION IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: A DIRECTORY OF RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS, FISCAL YEAR 1975
The purpose of UMTA's RD&D Program is to provide information about possible improvements to urban mass transportation systems which communities can use in selecting the best way to deal with their particular transportation requirements. The principal means of providing this information is through annual publication of the compilation of reports on the status of individual projects. Research projects are intended to produce information about possible improvements in urban mass transportation; development projects involve fabrication, testing and evaluation of new equipment, facilities, systems or methods; and demonstration projects introduce, on an experimental basis, new methods, equipment or systems of urban mass transportation into a representative urban environment. This volume is a supplement to the 1972 comprehensive volume. The directory is divided into the following subject areas: bus transit and paratransit, rail transit, new systems and automation, socioeconomic and special projects, transit planning, and transit management.
- Record URL:
- See also report dated 30 Jun 74, PB-285244 and PB-213228.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-6-30
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automation; Bibliographies; Bus transportation; Commuter cars; Demonstration projects; Development; Facilities; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Light rail vehicles; Local government; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Paratransit services; Propulsion; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit cars; Research; Research projects; Safety; Socioeconomic factors; State government; Technological forecasting; Technological innovations; Traffic engineering; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban areas; Urban transit; Urban transportation; Vehicle power plants; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Propulsion systems; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation models and systems; Urban/mass
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182059
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UPA-1-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1981 12:00AM