INNOVATION IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: A DIRECTORY OF RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
The purpose of the Urban Mass Transportation's RD&D Program is to provide information about possible improvements to urban mass transportation systems which communities can use in selecting the best way to deal with their particular transportation requirements. The principal means of providing this information is to publish annually a compilation of reports on the status of UMTA's projects. Research projects are intended to produce information about possible improvements in urban mass transportation; development projects involve fabrication, testing and evaluation of new equipment, facilities, systems or methods; and demonstration projects introduce, on an experimental basis, new methods, equipment or systems of urban mass transportation into a representative urban environment. This publication is a supplement to the 1972 comprehensive volume, and contains updated descriptions of research, development and demonstration projects initiated, active or completed in FY 74. The directory is divided into the following subject areas: bus transit, rail transit, new systems and automation, special projects, transit planning, and transit management.
- See also report dated 30 Jun 72, PB-213228.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-6-30
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Bibliographies; Bus transportation; Demonstration projects; Development; Facilities; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Local government; Needs assessment; Project management; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Research; Research projects; State government; Systems analysis; Technological innovations; Traffic engineering; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182058
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-RDD-74-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1979 12:00AM