VSS DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM. PART 1: SYSTEM PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The Vertical Shaker System (VSS) is the initial test program to be conducted at the Rail Dynamics Laboratory. The objectives of this program are to demonstrate the performance and capabilities of the VSS and to accumulate test data to be used in checking the validity of analytical models. The experiments are performed on three different load configurations of a trailer-on-flatcar. The test program was found to be successful. Pretest planning, to specify input levels and motion requirements, was essential to effective VSS operation. Log books, used to record program events as they occurred, were found to be invaluable in post test analyses.
- Record URL:
Wyle LaboratoriesScientific Services and Systems Group
Colorado Springs, CO United States 80915
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Dynamics; Freight cars; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Railroad simulators; Rolling contact; Test facilities; Tests; Trailer on flat car; Train track dynamics; Validation; Vehicle dynamics; Vibration; Vibration tests
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Rail dynamics simulator; Shakers
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/43 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64200
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 14 1979 12:00AM