SEVEN EXPERIMENT DESIGNS ADDRESSING PROBLEMS OF SAFETY AND CAPACITY ON TWO-LANE RURAL HIGHWAYS. VOLUME VIII: EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN AND EVALUATE REMEDIAL AIDS FOR INTERSECTIONS WITH INADEQUATE SIGHT DISTANCE
The experiment is planned for low-volume rural intersections on or near the Maine Facility. A number of remedial aids, both active and dynamic, are tested. The devices are designed either to focus the motorist's attention on existing conditions or to display information about a possible conflict at the intersection.
- See also Volume 7, PB-284407. Also available in set of 8 reports PC E15, PB-284 401-SET.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY United States 11725-5717
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- King, G F
- Abramson, P
- Cohen, J W
- Wilkinson, M R
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Divided highways; Equipment; Flash lamps; Highway capacity; Highway safety; Highway traffic control; Intersections; Rural areas; Rural highways; Safety engineering; Sight distance; Traffic safety; Two lane highways; Visibility; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design
- Old TRIS Terms: Remedial aids
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00181972
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOTTSCFHWA-78-2-VIIIFinal Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-992
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 14 1979 12:00AM