SEVEN EXPERIMENT DESIGNS ADDRESSING PROBLEMS OF SAFETY AND CAPACITY ON TWO-LANE RURAL HIGHWAYS. VOLUME III: EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN TO EVALUATE MUTCD AND OTHER TRAFFIC CONTROLS FOR HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS ON TWO-LANE HIGHWAYS
The report contains an experimental design to evaluate methods of providing safe and expeditious movement of traffic through or around construction and maintenance zones while providing safety for workers in these zones. Two types of construction/maintenance zones will be examined with different traffic control devices. A simulation model for single-lane, two-direction operation in a long construction zone is appended.
- See also Volume 2, PB-284403, and Volume 4, PB-284405. Also available in set of 8 reports PC E15, PB-284 401-SET.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY United States 11725-5717
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- King, G F
- Abramson, P
- Cohen, J W
- Wilkinson, M R
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Design; Divided highways; Equipment; Highway capacity; Highway safety; Highway traffic control; Highways; Maintenance; Mathematical models; Rural areas; Rural highways; Safety engineering; Simulation; Traffic control devices; Traffic safety; Two lane highways; Work zone traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design; Models
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00181970
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-FHWA78-2-IIIFinal Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-992
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 14 1979 12:00AM