STATEWIDE TRAVEL DEMAND FORECASTING
The purpose of the guide is to provide a discussion of current techniques, practice, recommendations where appropriate, and areas of needed development in the field of statewide travel demand forecasting. Data sources and reference manuals describing procedures for collecting travel data are discussed. Population, economic, and travel forecasting inputs and procedures are discussed. Statewide zones and networks for simulation and forecasting of link volumes are discussed. Pertinent examples from efforts by several states are provided.
Federal Highway AdministrationOffice of Program Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Maring, G
- Hazen, P
- Geest, J
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 193 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic forecasting; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Highway planning; Mathematical models; Passenger transportation; Population; Simulation; State government; Strategic planning; Systems analysis; Systems engineering; Transportation; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00181928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PL-78/010 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM