EXECUTIVE AND TABULAR SUMMARY OF AIR BAG FIELD EXPERIENCE. VOLUME 2, NUMBER 1
The report contains narrative summaries and tables which describe a total of 92 accidents which were reported to NHTSA during the period September 1, 1976 to August 31, 1977, involving air bag equipped cars. The information was extracted from the NHTSA files containing in-depth reports by the accident investigation teams from the regional research stations. For each case report, the following data are included: date, location of accident, DOT HS number (when available), type of impact, year and make of air bag equipped vehicle, type of accident, cause of air bag deployment, year and make of other vehicles involved, speed of impact and V's (when available), driver and passenger information, their injury codes, damage to the vehicles and damage codes.
- See also Volume 1, Number 1, PB-266933.
Chi Associates IncorporatedArlington, VA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dalsimer, A
- Chi, L
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Crash types; Crash victims; Crashes; Deployment; Failure; Inflatable structures; Injuries; Passenger vehicles; Prevention; Research; Safety; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-416 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NHTSA-8-0180
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM