SEMINARS FOR PROBATION-DIAGNOSIS-REFERRAL PERSONNEL IN ALCOHOL-HIGHWAY SAFETY PROGRAMS
Eight short-term seminars were conducted to train approximately 15-25 alcohol countermeasures personnel at each site. The training package, 'Seminar in Alcohol and Highway Safety: Probation, Diagnosis, Referral and Rehabilitation', which was developed by Indiana University under a previous NHTSA-sponsored contract, was employed to train local personnel in the techniques and procedures for investigating, referring, and controlling drinking drivers according to the nature of their drinking problems. The seminar was provided with reasonable success at eight sites. The objectives, impact, unique features, and participants for each seminar are presented.
Indiana University, BloomingtonInstitute for Research in Public Safety
Bloomington, IN USA 47401
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Scrimgeour, G F
- Palmer, J A
- Ripberger, R J
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol use; Crash investigation; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Driver rehabilitation; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Highway safety; Meetings; Personnel development; Police; Specialized training; Studies; Training
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Alcohol usage; Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00181908
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-401 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01219
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM