Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop On Highway-Railway Grade Crossing Research
These proceedings contain the presentations given at the Fifth Workshop on Highway-Railway Grade Crossing Research held in Montreal, Quebec, 24-25 November 2003. The workshop was organized by members of the Direction 2006 Research Committee. The presentations focus on research and development designed to improve highway-railway grade crossing safety. Abstracts are provided in English and French. Presentations included: Second Train Warning at Grade Crossings; Locomotive Horn Effectiveness at Operating Speeds; Wayside Horn Study; ITS Strategies for Commercial Vehicles at Highway-Railway Crossings; Evaluation of Automated Grade Crossing Signal Enforcement; Sécurité des véhicules lourds aux passages à niveau; Signalisation d'avertissement pour les piétons aux abords des chemins de fer; US DOT/FRA 2003 Research Needs Workshop; Improving Railroad Safety Through Understanding Close Calls; Update on FRA Activities; Road Safety, Driver Workload, and RTD-10: Lessons Learned; Guideline for Inspecting and Testing Pre-emption of Interconnected Traffic Control Signals and Railway Crossing Warning Systems; Challenges Faced by Municipalities in Resolving Safety Issues at Grade Crossings - A Case Study.
- Conference Proceedings are available on CD-ROM.
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3B 2X1
- Publication Date: 2003-11
- Media Type: Print
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Grade crossing protection systems; Highway grades; Horns; Locomotives; Railroad grade crossings; Safety; Signals; Train operations; Warning devices; Warning signals; Workshops
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 01000325
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 13536
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 2005 3:02PM