MINNESOTA ALCOHOL AND TRAFFIC SAFETY PROGRAM
The report is an update of information relating to the role of alcohol in traffic crashes in Minnesota. It is the third in a series which was first published in 1970 to provide legislators and professionals, as well as the general public, a comprehensive picture of one of the most complex and serious traffic safety problems. This edition includes the following changes and additions: Information on the effect of commonly used drugs on the driving task; Updated information on laws in other states and foreign countries; Updated statistical data to define the parameters of the problem; Results of the Hennepin County Alcohol Safety Action Project; Changes made in Minnesota statutes and a synopsis of DWI-related bills currently under consideration by the legislature. Since it was established in 1970, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety has assigned the drinking driver problem one of the highest priorities in its traffic safety program and plans to continue this policy. The objective is to reduce the number of crashes, particularly fatal ones, in which alcohol is involved. An analysis of the data contained in this report indicates that the problem is far from solved or even under reasonable control.
Minnesota Department of Public SafetyOffice of Traffic Safety, 207 Transportation Building
St Paul, MN United States 55155
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Barbiturates; Behavior; Crash causes; Crash injury research; Crashes; Driver rehabilitation; Drugs; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Foreign; Human factors engineering; Laws; Level of service; Motor skills; Narcotics; Prevention; Research; Safety; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Tranquilizers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation; Services
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota
- Old TRIS Terms: Antihistaminics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00181791
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM