CARGO PREFERENCE PROGRAMS FOR GOVERNMENT-FINANCED OCEAN SHIPMENTS COULD BE IMPROVED
The report discusses the review of the Maritime Adminstration's efforts to monitor and regulate Federal agency cargo preference programs. A need for clarification of the law and better reporting of ocean shipments by some agencies to the Maritime Administration was found. The report contains recommendations to the Congress and to the Secretary of Commerce to provide for more effective implementation of cargo preference legislation.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1978-6-8
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo preference; Commodities; Exports; Federal government; Freight transportation; Legislation; Merchant vessels; Military transportation; Policy; Regulations; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Economic assistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00181776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-78-116 Cong Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM