MODERN PLASTICS FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER
Utilizing the properties of engineering thermoplastics provides the answer to many problems confronting the automotive designer today. Many large parts are now becoming possible including vehicle front ends where part integration and value engineering can be used to maximum benefit. Tomorrows vehicles will certainly utilize larger moldings and there will be increased use of engineering structural foam. Developments are already under way to make complete rear door assemblies, truck cabs, and public service vehicle interiors.
- Presented at the First South African Conference on Plastics in the Service of Man.
General Electric Plastics BVBergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Bussink, J
- Radley, M H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Crashworthiness; Doors; Emergency vehicles; Foams; Mechanical properties; Plastics; Structural engineering; Technological forecasting; Technology assessment; Thermoplastic materials; Vehicle front end; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Cabtrack; Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181689
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM