SURVEY OF AIR CARGO FORECASTING TECHNIQUES
Forecasting techniques currently in use in estimating or predicting the demand for air cargo in various markets are discussed with emphasis on the fundamentals of the different forecasting approaches. References to specific studies are cited when appropriate. The effectiveness of current methods is evaluated and several prospects for future activities or approaches are suggested. Appendices contain summary type analyses of about 50 specific publications on forecasting, and selected bibliographies on air cargo forecasting, air passenger demand forecasting, and general demand and modalsplit modeling.
University of Virginia, CharlottesvilleCenter for Transportation Studies, P.O. Box 400742
Charlottesville, VA United States 22904-4742
- KUHLTHAU, A R
- Vermuri, R S
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Aircraft operations; Airlines; Cargo aircraft; Demand; Economic forecasting; Extrapolation; Forecasting; Market research; Mathematical models; Mathematical prediction; Needs assessment
- Uncontrolled Terms: User requirements
- Old TRIS Terms: Airline operations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00181683
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-145329 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS1-14908
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM