ESTIMATING AIRLINE OPERATING COSTS
A review was made of the factors affecting commercial aircraft operating and delay costs. From this work, an airline operating cost model was developed which includes a method for estimating the labor and material costs of individual airframe maintenance systems. The model, similar in some respects to the standard Air Transport Association of America (ATA) Direct Operating Cost Model, permits estimates of aircraft-related costs not now included in the standard ATA model (e.g., aircraft service, landing fees, flight attendants, and control fees). A study of the cost of aircraft delay was also made and a method for estimating the cost of certain types of airline delay is described.
- Presented at the CTOL Transport Technology Conference, Hampton, Virginia, 28 Feb.-3 Mar. 1978.
Langley Research CenterNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
Hampton, VA USA 23665
- Maddalon, D V
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft operations; Airlines; Analysis; Civil aircraft; Cost estimating; Costs; Economic analysis; Economic factors; Estimates; Maintenance management; Operating costs; Traffic delays; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft maintenance; Cost analysis; Cost models; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Airline operations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TM-78694 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM