SOLID WASTE RECLAMATION AND RECYCLING. PART 6. TIRES (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Methods of processing scrap tires; such as shredding, shearing, radiation treatment, retreading, hydrogenation, extraction, and emulisfying are cited. Incentives for recycling are examined and markets for recycled products are discussed. The use of recycled tires in highways, embankments, construction materials, and other products is covered.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Smith, M F
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Automobiles; Bibliographies; Building materials; Concrete pavements; Economic analysis; Elastomers; Embankments; Energy; Flexible pavements; Highways; Incinerators; Land reclamation; Markets; Materials recovery (Mining); Policy; Recycling; Regulations; Shredding; Solid waste disposal; Solid wastes; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Incineration; Separation
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Materials recovery; Reclamation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Materials; Policy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM