The project summarized in this report is part of a research program that aims to reduce grade crossing and railway trespassing incidents by 50% by 2006. Researchers examined data on the frequency and severity of collision and developed a mathematical model for identifying black spots. Black spots are grade crossings where additional safety countermeasures are warranted.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0662683684
- Text in French and English.
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3B 2X1
- Publication Date: 2004
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Grade crossing protection systems; Mathematical models; Safety; Trespassers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00989484
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0662683684
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-T48-41-2004
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 4 2005 12:00AM