COMPARISON OF DIFFERENCES IN INSURANCE COSTS FOR PASSENGER CARS, STATION WAGONS/PASSENGER VANS, PICKUPS AND UTILITY VEHICLES ON THE BASIS OF DAMAGE SUSCEPTIBILITY - FEBRUARY 2005
This booklet, published annually, compares differences in insurance costs for different makes and models of passenger cars, station wagons/passenger vans, pickups, and utility vehicles on the basis of damage susceptibility. It does not, however, indicate a vehicle's relative safety. The information was taken from data compiled by the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) in its December 2004 Insurance Collision Report, and reflects the collision loss experience of passenger cars, utility vehicles, light trucks, and vans sold in the United States in terms of the average loss payment per insured vehicle year for model years 2002-2004.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 2005-2
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Insurance rates; Light trucks; Loss and damage; Payment; Pickup trucks; Station wagons; Utility vehicles; Vans
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage susceptibility
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00989327
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-043 769
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 29 2005 12:00AM