COLLISION EXPERIMENTS OF GKSS
The aim of the experiments carried out was the development of a novel collision protection, capable of being licensed, for large reactor ships. This protecting construction of the so-called resistance-type consists of a network structure between hull plating and wing-passage bulkhead. This protection, offering itself for other double-hull ships, too, stood the tests in excellent manner. (Atomindex citation 08:348082)
- Available in microfiche only. U.S. Sales Only.
Gesell fuer Kernenerg in Schiffbau & SchiffahrtInstitut fuer Physik.
D2054 Gsthcht-Tsprhd, Germany
- Woisin, G
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Crashes; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Propulsion; Safety; Ship collisions; Simulation; Twin hulled ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Collision damage protection; Double hull ships; Nuclear reactor accidents; Nuclear reactor construction; Nuclear reactor safety; Reactor safety; Ship propulsion reactors
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00181564
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM