EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING HIGH-LEVEL NUCLEAR WASTES
In this document, DOE has gathered together the ''most often asked'' questions, and has furnished a detailed answer to each question. Individual answers are not necessarily totally self-contained, and it may be necessary to put several of the answers together in order to obtain a full picture of the various aspects of a particular question. The answers to the questions then serve a dual purpose--to provide specific information on commonly asked questions, in understandable terms, and to present the composite parts of an overall program on just how the wastes will be transported and the many related factors. Accident situations are covered.
Department of EnergyEnvironmental Control Technology Division
Washington, DC United States 20545
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Casks; Crashes; Information management; Information organization; Radioactive waste disposal; Radioactive wastes; Reviews; Shipping; Spent reactor fuels; Traffic; Wastes
- Old TRIS Terms: Waste transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Highways; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00181555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM