INNOVATIONS FOR SENIORS: PUBLIC AND COMMUNITY TRANSIT SERVICES RESPOND TO SPECIAL NEEDS
This brochure presents a number of innovative approaches that community and public transit services have made to improve their service delivery to senior citizens. Major topics addressed include vehicle modification, training and safety, technology, service delivery, coordination, fundraising, and volunteer involvement. Other topics covered include efficiency, cost reduction, service expansion, non-emergency medical transit, scheduling and route adjustment, methodology, and physical and social assistance.
- Record URL:
The Beverly Foundation566 El Dorado Street, #100
Pasadena, CA United States 91101
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 2005
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Community action programs; Coordination; Costs; Economic efficiency; Innovation; Medical trips; Methodology; Public transit; Routing; Scheduling; Social benefits; Training; Transit safety; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Vehicles; Volunteers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund raising; Physical assistance; Service delivery
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Finance; Public Transportation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00988792
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 5 2005 12:00AM