CORROSION BY SEAWATER. ABSTRACTS
Abbreviated statements are presented of 12 papers on various aspects of corrosion by seawater. The topics discussed include the behavior of unalloyed steels and corrosion-resistant steels, Cu, Ni, and Ti alloys for marine applications, the behavior of aluminum construction materials, corrosion protection by non-metallic coatings, zinc coatings, and concrete liners, corrosion inhibitors and passivation, corrosion protection on ships, at an oil refinery, in pipelines and armatures, and in a tanker unloading bridge is illustrated with specific examples. (ERA citation 03:033436)
- Meeting on Corrosion by Seawater, Wilhelmshaven, West Germany, April 28, 1977. U.S. Sales Only.
Fachhochschule WilhelmshavenWilhelmshaven, Germany
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Copper alloys; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Corrosion resistant alloys; Corrosion resistant materials; Intermodal terminals; Meetings; Metal coatings; Metals; Nickel alloys; Petroleum refineries; Pipelines; Seawater; Ships; Steel; Titanium; Titanium alloys; Zinc coatings
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Corrosive effects; Passivation; Terminal facilities; Titanium coatings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181536
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-770456
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1979 12:00AM