EUROPEAN UNION ROAD FEDERATION FACT SHEETS
These fact sheets from the European Union Road Federation discuss issues involving highway transportation. Some ideas covered are as follows: (1) Roads are an economic and social necessity. (2) It is important to engineer safer roads. (3) Partnerships are helpful in building and financing roads. (4) Concern over protecting the environment is valid and increasing the use of intelligent transportation systems and low emission vehicles will help protect the environment.
- Record URL:
European Union Road FederationAvenue Louise 113
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Publication Date: 2005
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic benefits; Environmental protection; Financing; Highway safety; Highways; Intelligent transportation systems; Partnerships; Road construction; Social benefits
- Uncontrolled Terms: Low emission vehicles
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00988777
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 1 2005 12:00AM