ESTIMATING LONG RANGE HIGHWAY IMPROVEMENTS AND COSTS
The procedures included in this report are designed to provide a methodology to identify and quantify required highway improvements over a given period of time. It is anticipated that State and local agencies will find the procedures helpful in their evaluation of highway needs. The system includes the analysis of individual highway sections, structures, and railroad crossings. Each facility is examined to determine deficient elements in relation to predetermined acceptable condition levels. When a deficiency is identified, an improvement is selected to correct that deficiency and the costs associated with the selected improvement are estimated. The user of the system has the opportunity to input controlling criteria rather than using standard nationwide values. Examples of such criteria include: design standards, deficiency levels, and costs. The system provides a detailed output record for each facility evaluated in analysis including the required input data, deficiency and improvement information, and related cost estimates. Also, summary tables are provided displaying the combined costs for all facilities of a given highway group.
Comsis Corporation8737 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Spicher, R E
- Roskin, M E
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Deficiencies; Design; Design standards; Evaluation; Highway planning; Highways; Improvements; Maintenance; Management; Needs assessment; Planning; Railroad grade crossings; Railroads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning; Structure maintenance
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Design; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00181406
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PL-77-022 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8094
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 12 1979 12:00AM