AIRPORT PRIVATISATION - HOW SHOULD AIRPORT OPERATORS AND INVESTORS REACT TO CHANGING MARKET CONDITIONS?
The downturn in the air transport market as a result of global economic recession and terrorism in the USA has posed a serious question mark against the future of airport privatisation. How should potential airport operators and investors now react to the new market conditions? What are the financial returns from airport investment and, from a government perspective, does privatisation increase airport competition and efficiency? This paper examines the latest techniques in airport traffic forecasting, revenue and cost projection, airport charges regulation, project finance and risk assessment. Possible models for airport infrastructure development will be reviewed including PPP (Public Private Partnership), BOT (Build Operator Transfer) and BOO (Build Own Operate) development. Key market trends will be evaluated, including the growth in global airline alliances, low cost airlines and increasing concern over environmental issues, together with their potential implications for future airport growth. The analysis considers case studies of recent privatisation projects at Sydney, Manila, Lima and Larnaca airports. For the covering abstract see ITRD E124693.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0860503402
PTRC EDUCATION AND RESEARCH SERVICES LTD1 VERNON MEWS, VERNON STREET
LONDON, United Kingdom W14 0RL
- FORBES, P
- Publication Date: 2002
- Pagination: 36 p.
- Monograph Title: AN ECONOMETRIC INVESTIGATION OF CAR USE IN THE NATIONAL TRANSPORT MODEL FOR GREAT BRITAIN
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE AET EUROPEAN TRANSPORT CONFERENCE, HELD 9-11 SEPTEMBER, 2002, HOMERTON COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE, UK - CD ROM
- Publisher: PTRC EDUCATION AND RESEARCH SERVICES LTD
- ISSN: 1474-9122
- TRT Terms: Airports; Conferences; Demand; Development; Economic factors; Economics; Forecasting; Planning; Privatization; Tariffs; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- ITRD Terms: 1037: Airport; 8525: Conference; 285: Demand (econ); 9013: Development; 263: Economics of transport; 132: Forecast; 143: Planning; 171: Privatisation; 241: Tariff; 8122: USA
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00988347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-86050-340-2
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Apr 4 2005 12:00AM