MANUAL BRAKE INSPECTION PROCEDURES. VOLUME II. FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT
This program investigated performance and nonperformance brake inspections with the object of replacing the current method for performing these inspections with less expensive ways, more suitable for small garages. The performance part of the program culminated in the construction of a torsion bar dynamometer that can meet all legislated requirements for VIU performance inspections, previously only possible on machines of more costly design. The nonperformance investigation resulted in the identification of recommended nonperformance inspection items.
- See also Volume 1 dated Jun 77, PB-268 004.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Forman, T H
- Finigian, M
- Publication Date: 1976-12-20
- Pagination: 204 p.
- TRT Terms: Bars (Building materials); Brakes; Costs; Dynamometers; Inspection; Mechanical tests; Micrometers; Motor vehicles; Performance tests; Torque; Torsion; Vision
- Uncontrolled Terms: Torsion bars
- Old TRIS Terms: Torquemeters
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181399
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-381, AVSCD0373-76-RR Vol 2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01188
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 12 1979 12:00AM