DETERMINATION OF NO2 PHOTOLYSIS PARAMETERS FOR STRATOSPHERIC MODELING
This study was undertaken to obtain photolysis parameters for the presence of NO2 + hnu yields NO + O, which could be supplied to the modeling of that region. The absolute absorption coefficients for NO2 were measured at 297, 247, 226, and 204 K and are tabulated at 1-nm intervals over the 390-420 nm photolysis cut-off region. Experimental uncertainties range from 2% at room temperature at 420 nm to 15% at 204 K, and mainly fall in the 4-7% range.
SRI International333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025-3493
- Davenport, J E
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Model atmosphere; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen dioxide; Nitrogen oxides; Photolysis; Pyrolysis; Stratosphere
- Old TRIS Terms: Absorption coefficients; Quantum chemistry; Radiation absorption
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment;
- Accession Number: 00181366
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-EQ-78-05 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1204
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 12 1979 12:00AM