OVERLOADING BEHAVIOR OF BEAM-SLAB TYPE HIGHWAY BRIDGES
The report presents the summary of the research program on the prediction of the overload response of simple span beam-slab highway bridges with reinforced concrete deck and prestressed concrete I-beams. The analytical developments and numerical comparisons pertaining to the investigation were presented in the previous interim technical reports of the research project. This report presents the highlights of the observations made in different phases of the research. Recommendations and conclusions based on the overall research program have been enumerated with appropriate referencing to the detailed description of the relevant program area and technical reports. Any in-depth study of the research program summarized in the report requires close scrutiny of the interim reports of the project.
- See also report dated March 1975, PB-273361.
Lehigh UniversityFritz Engineering Laboratory
Bethlehem, PA United States 18015
Washington, DC United States 20590
Harrisburg, PA United States 17112
- Kostem, C N
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridge construction; Bridge decks; Bridge foundations; Bridges; Construction; Finite element method; Flexural strength; Highway bridges; I beams; Loads; Oversize loads; Prestressed concrete; Reinforced concrete; Stiffness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Overloads
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Support); Stiffness methods
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00181335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PA-RD-71-12-8 Final Rpt., FEL-378B.8
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM