ENERGY IN TRANSPORTATION
This report discusses near-term transportation energy demand, vehicle design considerations, and transportation energy conservation opportunities. It deals with the current and projected energy demand in the transportation modes, and describes their relative energy efficiencies. Various vehicle and propulsion systems are described, along with several examples of potentially more efficient propulsion technologies that are in development. The estimated effectiveness of various energy conservation opportunities are summarized.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Husted, R A
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Competition; Demand; Energy; Energy conservation; Forecasting; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Propulsion; Transportation; Transportation modes; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy demand
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00181332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/RSPA/DPB-20/7813Staff Rpt., HS-024 295
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM