THE FEASIBILITY, PRACTICABILITY, AND COST OF THE SOUNDPROOFING OF SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS, AND PUBLIC HEALTH FACILITIES LOCATED NEAR AIRPORTS
This report concludes that soundproofing can achieve noise reductions of 10 to 20 db, is feasible and practicable, and may be cost effective at specific locations. (Author)
- Report to Congress study.
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Damping (Engineering); Facilities; Feasibility analysis; Hospitals; Location; Noise control; Public health; Schools; Sound
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Environment; Finance; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00181323
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-EQ-78-14
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1979 12:00AM