US DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION'S SUMMARY OF ITS INTEGRATION PROJECTS, JANUARY 2005 ONLINE EDITION
This document provides summarized information on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) projects initiated as a result of the enactment of the ITS Integration Component of the ITS Deployment Program as defined in Section 5208 of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21). The ITS Integration Component provides Federal funding for the integration of multimodal ITS components in a variety of settings, including large regional areas (for example, statewide, multistate, or multicity), metropolitan areas, and rural areas. ITS integration projects should improve transportation efficiency; promote safety; enhance transit integration; provide for enhanced infrastructure security; improve paratransit/demand-responsive transit operations, including operations of health and human service providers; improve traffic flow, including the flow of intermodal freight at ports of entry; reduce emissions of air pollutants; improve traveler information; promote tourism; enhance alternative transportation modes; or support improved transportation systems operations, management and maintenance. Projects are indexed by both state and project title, and one can get to either state and/or project by clicking on the appropriate link.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 2005-1
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced traveler information systems; Air pollution; Demand responsive transportation; Federal aid; Freight transportation; Infrastructure; Intelligent transportation systems; Intelligent transportation systems programs; Intermodal transportation; Maintenance; Metropolitan areas; Multimodal transportation; Operations; Paratransit services; Ports of entry; Project management; Public transit; Regional transportation; Rural areas; States; Tourism; Traffic flow; Transportation modes; Transportation safety; Transportation system management
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00988044
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 4 2005 12:00AM