URBAN AUTOMATED TRAFFIC CONTROL (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The control of urban vehicular traffic movement by means of automatic synchronization of intersection and lane signals is covered. Studies on sensing and telemetry devices, computer programming, models, system development, and route guidance systems are included. (This updated bibliography contains 170 abstracts, 22 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 176 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Bibliographies; Computer programming; Computer programs; Detectors; Digital computers; Freeways; Guidance systems (Aircraft); Information processing; Intersections; Magnetic materials; Mathematical models; Networks; Optimization; Sensors; Signalized intersections; Systems engineering; Telemetry; Time lag; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic lanes; Traffic signals; Traffic surveys; Urban transportation; Vehicle detectors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Guidance systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Magnetic signatures; Synchronism
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00181246
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1981 12:00AM