PRELIMINARY EVALUATIONS OF SAFETY TREATMENTS ON RURAL HIGHWAYS IN TEXAS
This report documents activities in Phase III of the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Project 0-4048, which focused on before-and-after evaluations of safety treatments installed between 1995 and 2000 at 50 locations on rural highways in Texas. Evaluations employed a review of the crash history at each site to determine the effectiveness of the treatment. On the whole, treatments reduced preventable crashes by 15% and preventable injury crashes by 31%.
- Record URL:
- Project Title: Before and After Evaluation of Safety Treatments on Rural Highways.
College Station, TX United States 77843
Austin, TX United States 78763-5080
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Brewer, M A
- Fitzpatrick, K
- Publication Date: 2004-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Crash rates; Highway safety; Improvements; Rural highways
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00987705
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-05/0-4048-5,, Technical Report 0-4048-5
- Contract Numbers: Project 0-4048
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 2005 12:00AM