MOTOR VEHICLE REAR LIGHTING AND SIGNALING: EFFECTS OF SPACING, POSITION, INTENSITY, AND COLOR. AN APPLIED-LITERATURE REVIEW
The review is designed to determine the current status of research dealing with spacing, position, intensity, and color of rear lighting and signaling lamps on motor vehicles. The relevant domestic as well as international applied research is included. The review contains tabular summaries of the design, results, and recommendations of 36 experimental investigations as well as reprints of the original abstracts. Finally, a synthesis of the experimental findings is presented.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, Mich.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI USA 48202
- Sivak, M
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Brightness; Color; Human factors engineering; Lamps; Lighting equipment; Location; Luminance; Motor vehicles; Position fixing; Rear lighting; Research; Reviews; Shape; Spacing; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration; Intensity
- Old TRIS Terms: Rear lights; Rear signals
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00181172
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-78-8 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM