FACTORS AFFECTING THE RETIREMENT OF COMMERCIAL TRANSPORT JET AIRCRAFT
A brief historical background of the technology and economics of aircraft replacement and retirement in the prejet era is presented to see whether useful insights can be obtained applicable to the jet area. Significant differences between the two periods were demonstrated. Current technological and operational economic perspectives were investigated in detail. Some conclusions are drawn to aircraft retirement policies.
Northwestern University, EvanstonTransportation Center, Leverone Hall
Evanston, IL USA 60201
- Spencer, F A
- Swanson, J A
- Publication Date: 1978-2-15
- Pagination: 209 p.
- TRT Terms: Civil aircraft; Economic factors; Equipment replacement; Jet propelled aircraft; Transport aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Replacement
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00181154
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-152115 Prog Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSG-2149
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM