DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF A METHOD SELECTION TOOL FOR EXPEDITING HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION
The interim report (4386-1) identified, described, and discussed expediting methods that could be used in various phases of highway construction. Continuing the objectives of the first-year research, a system has been developed for Area Engineers and assistants to select proven, yet innovative, methods to expedite highway project delivery. The system consists of both a paper and computer version. This report, as the conclusion of the research study, covers the development and validation of this Expediting Method Selection Tool. The final version of the tool evolved from feedback gathered from three demonstration seminars held with Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Area Engineers and other TxDOT and industry personnel. The Project Director and Coordinator also provided feedback and guidance on the development of the final version of the tool. Recommendations for implementation of the tool are provided.
- Report Date: October 2003; Revised: March 2004.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
Austin, TX United States 78763-5080
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Haas, C T
- Gibson Jr, G E
- O'Connor, J T
- Zhang, Z
- Anderson, C K
- Somali, B
- Publication Date: 2004-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 248 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Construction scheduling; Decision support systems; Implementation; Project delivery; Road construction; Validation
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Research; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00987602
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-04-0-4386-2,, Research Report 0-4386-2
- Contract Numbers: 0-4386
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 1 2005 12:00AM