EVALUATION AND RECOMMENDATION OF ELECTRIC AND HYBRID VEHICLE PERFORMANCE STANDARDS. FINAL REPORT
A summary is presented of deliberations and recommendations of a task force having the following objectives: (1) identify an acceptable set of performance standards based on the work of two ERDA contractors; (2) identify and revise those performance standards which were found to be unacceptable; (3) identify the omission of important performance standards and suggest procedures to develop them; and (4) provide the task force rationale for the recommendations presented above. Better vehicle performance specifications can be developed as more reliable test data and field experience becomes available. In particular, safety-related vehicle component performance requirements should be defined after crash tests are run with this class of vehicle. The Task Force recommends that ERDA identify the development of vehicle performance requirements as a specific task which is carried forward concurrently with the electric and hybrid vehicle test and demonstration program. (ERA citation 03:026579)
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Publication Date: 1977-9-30
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric vehicles; Hybrid automobiles; Hybrid vehicles; Lead acid batteries; Markets; Performance; Performance based specifications; Public opinion; Recommendations; Reliability; Safety; Service life; Specifications; Standards
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00181134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EC-77-C-01-5053
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM