AUTOMATIC BASE GATE POSITIONING CIRCUIT
An automatic base gate positioning circuit for use in rail flaw detection is disclosed which includes the generation of a string of uniformly spaced pulses corresponding to known rail depth, correlating said pulses with sonic echoes, averaging and storing the correlated signals, and developing a signal representing the rail depth for comparison with an echo from the rail base.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Rudis, R P
- Ceccon, H L
- Publication Date: 1978-5-16
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Detection and identification; Nondestructive tests; Patent applications; Patents; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Ultrasonic detectors; Ultrasonic tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail flaw detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Gates circuits
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00181032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-903 518, DOT/CASE-TSC-10116
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 1978 12:00AM